Friday, August 8, 2014

Windhover Farm... Berries and Books

Fresh Strawberries from Windhover Farm
Today marked my second visit of u-pick berries at Windhover Farm. Last week, I came home with Strawberries and Raspberries for the freezer. Preserving the taste of summer for my winter smoothies, jams and desserts.
One of their strawberry varieties is my favorite Seascape, big and sweet! So today I picked and brought home another 10 pounds! 

I am also thrilled to say that you can now pick up a signed copy of my seasonal cookbook, 'For the Love of Food' at the farm.  One stop local shopping for fresh food and new recipes for you to try!
Windhover Farm is at:
3499 Dove Creek Road, Courtenay, BC  V9J 1P3
Phone: (250) 338-7750
www.comoxvalleyberries.com 
Keep a close watch on the website, picking days and times sometimes vary. Although, as of this week, the blueberries and strawberries are in great abundance.
Happy berry picking! 

Photo by Sally Rae

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. Can't wait to try your strawberry salsa recipe now!

    ReplyDelete